Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Jack just gave me my birthday present early...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's a wonderful birthday surprise! Enjoy every minute of it!

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Katie148's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    457
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What a fabulous birthday present! Your husband is so sweet...we should all be so lucky! I'm slowly initiating my still-somewhat-new boyfriend into the world of AG, and someday when he's ready for it I want to show him your Valentine's Day album as the ultimate example of a doll lover's dream gift from her significant other. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    After your trip, you will have been to all three AGPs then, am I right? Will you get another doll while you are there?

  3. #13
    Inactive Member stebbarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2005
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What a wonderful surprise! I hope you have a great trip and get to enjoy not only the opening of American Girl Place LA but some of the other attractions in the area! - Meg B.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I've had about 20 hours to kind of digest this idea (no, I didn't get much sleep last night!), and I have no idea what to <s>get from the store</s> put on my shopping list. What I do know is that, as several of you have pointed out, I absolutely do have a wonderful, thoughtful, and supportive husband! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (And sorry, Ashley's Mommy, but he has no siblings at all.)

    To tell you how this all came about requires a bit of background info. Some of you may know that I got my bachelor's degree in music - a Bachelor of Music degree in music education, with a special emphasis in vocal/choral music, to be exact - and classical music is another passion of mine. Jack is also wonderfully supportive about getting tickets and going with me to symphony concerts and stuff like that. Well, yesterday he came into the room where I was putzing around and asked me to tell him the exact dates again of the AGPLA opening. When I told him again (it's not like I hadn't mentioned this before [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), he said, "Okay, that clinches it - you gotta' come and see what I'm getting you for your birthday."

    So we walked into the computer room, and there on the screen was an email he had received telling about a major corporate discount he could get on tickets to see Placido Domingo and Friends in a one-night only performance at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in LA on April 19th!. So, he said he would get the tickets for my birthday present; but he would take the whole week off work, and we would make this a road trip (it's about a 10-hour drive from here to LA) and stay through Saturday night so we could be there for the AGPLA opening too! I was completely undone, and nearly swooned with delight!

    Now I have one week to get ready to go and decide which girls are going with me - since it's a road trip, I can take several, you know. [img]wink.gif[/img] Who else is going to be there from this board besides Sheila and Johanna? We definitely need to meet up and get some pictures of all of us and our girls having fun together! [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img]

    One final question: "Do I dare take one of the girls to the opera?" [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member AGcrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2006
    Posts
    338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    One final question: "Do I dare take one of the girls to the opera?"
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Of course, they're perfectly well-behaved ladies! You mean you'd consider not? [img]wink.gif[/img] (Tell us how it goes, heehee)

  6. #16
    Inactive Member amyjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2004
    Posts
    1,029
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes take one!!!!!!! How wonderful!!!! I wish I had a Jack!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow! How fun! I can't wait to see lots of pictures of opening!

    Happy Birthday!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •